Quebec City, May 9, 2021
The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours in Quebec show:
· 960 new cases, for a total of 358,134 people infected;
· 338,628 people recovered;
· 6 new deaths, for a total of 10,987, i.e.:
o 1 death in the last 24 hours,
o 5 deaths between 2 and 7 May,
· 539 hospitalizations, a decrease of 8 from the previous day;
· 124 people in intensive care, a decrease of 6 from the previous day;
· 29,582 samples taken on 7 May.
· 76,166 doses were added, representing 74,694 doses in the last 24 hours and 1,472 doses before May 8, for a total of 3,718,074;
· 4,119,439 doses received in total;
o No further dose to receive today since deliveries were completed this week.
Summary table of data evolution:
1: Note that the majority of data is presented based on their entry day. They are extracted at 4 p.m. on the date indicated and cover the previous 24 hours. However, the availability of collection data involves an additional 24 hours. These correspond to the number of samples taken on the date indicated.
2: It should also be noted that the data prior to the last 24 hours presented in the death column were adjusted for actual dates of death, which explains the variation in some data from those presented in previous releases. The daily death toll is influenced by the time required for the physician to report death, the time required to conduct the investigation to establish that the death is indeed attributable to COVID-19 and the seizure in the system.
3: It should be noted that the number of doses administered may be subject to daily readjustment for the previous days, due to a catch-up due to a delay in data entry.